I made this list some time ago, so I thought I’d have a look and see what I’d actually done that was on it, if anything! I’m actually quite surprised!
1. Have the nerve to do an abseil to raise money for St Pauls Hostel.
2. Go to The Vatican. DONE IT!!
Get Bonzo and Friends published
Meet Georg Ganswein
5.Learn to scuba dive
6. Go to Iona (going in July/August 2013) DONE IT!!!
7. Go to Jerusalem
8. Go to austria
9. Go to holy Island at Lindisfarne (Done it!)
10. Go on Northern Cross (pilgrimage at Easter finishing on Lindisfarne, that my friend’s parents started when they were at university, and she is now involved with too)
I am reconciled to the fact that Bonzo and Friends (my series of children’s books) will never be published, and that I will never meet Georg Ganswein. However, I would love to learn flower-arranging, and I would love to have a go at sstained glass making. There is a trip to Jerusalem and the Holy Land being organised by my diocese this year, but having gone to Iona, I can’t afford it. I also found just going to Scotland to be a massive challenge. I don’t think I’m ready for a trip abroad yet!